"There is no sight on earth more appealing than the sight of a woman making dinner for someone she loves."
Thomas Wolfe

Food is Love © 2007-2010 | All Rights Reserved |
Please Ask First!
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Ayam Panggang Madu Lada Hitam (Black Pepper Honey Chicken BBQ) - Original Recipes Event

>> Tuesday, July 22, 2008




I created this recipe on September 2004 when I was invited by Polish students for potluck BBQ. I knew about it couple hours before the t-time, so I decided to make something simple. But then when I was ready with my potluck, my friend told me that they rescheduled the BBQ until the following week. Since I already imagined to eat chicken BBQ, I baked the chicken in the oven. Wow!!! It tasted really good. Ever since, it has become my master piece ;)

In my Bahasa Indonesia recipe blog, I named it as Ayam Panggang Madu Lada Hitam Iniaku (Iniaku is the id of my primary blog in Multiply). I did that because one of my friend stole the recipe and claimed it as his. Ow!! I'll never allowed someone to do that to my creation. You can use my recipe but not claim it as yours! Me myself, I always give credit to the person whose recipe I use since I know, creating recipe is not that easy. Why we have to hurt people who's kind to us and let us use their recipe?

As I wrote above, this one is my master piece. Why? Lots of friends have tried it and liked it. Once I served it for around 20 persons in a gathering. Most of them gave a plus point, some even asked to bring it home. But above of all is my mom liked it very much. I knew it because she asked me the recipe and told me to buy her the sambel oelek, so she can make it at home (Jakarta, Indonesia). FYI, sambel oelek is not available in Indonesia, it's only sold abroad.



Sorry if I sound too snobby or arrogant. I just hate when someone stole someone idea and declare it as his. I do love to share my recipe and I am happy when they like it. That's why, I include this recipe to a great event hosted by my dear friend Lore. Yup! Original Recipes now become a monthly event. It's cool, isn't it. She let's us explore our creativity in culinary world. Thanks Lore!

But please, do not be afraid to use this recipe and my other recipes too. I made this blog to share and to learn from others. I hope, you will have the same idea about this meal and agree with me about it's my master piece *smile*

Have a nice day mates!

Ingredients:
1 kg chicken thighs

Marinade Spices:*
2 tbsp sambel oelek**
2 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp honey
Black peppercorns as desired, ground
4 cloves of garlic, ground
Lime juice as desired



Chili Sauce:
The rest of marinade spices
1 tsp cooking oil

Method:
1. Cut chicken thighs into half. Remove the skin and clean. Make some slits on the meat to absorb the spices.
2. Mix all spices into a tight container. Add chicken and mix well. Close the container and let it stand in refrigerator for at least 1 hour (the longer the better - normally I keep it overnight).
3. Preheat oven to 180°C. Place chicken in a baking tray. Bake for 1 hour or until cooked.
4. Serve with chili sauce and steamed rice/pita bread. Yummy!!



Chili Sauce:
Heat oil in a sauce pan. Cook and stir continuously the rest of marinade sauce over moderate heat until set.

Note:
* You can use your own measurement (ratio of sambel oelek - oyster sauce - honey is 2:2:1).
**Sambel oelek can be made by grinding fresh red chilies then add cooking vinegar and salt.

32 comments:

Elsye July 23, 2008 at 12:52 AM  

weiiiitsss..keliatan endang gulindang ini Fa...mesti dicoba ini :P...sengkiiyuuu say resepnya...drollingggg abiiissss

sefa firdaus July 23, 2008 at 1:02 AM  

beneran enak Els, tadi pagi gue repost di MP.. trus ada yg langsung nyoba, dia bilang enaaaakkkkkk ;;)

dicoba deh... siapa tau dirimu juga suka :D

Sheila July 23, 2008 at 1:09 AM  

Fa, ntar kalo grillen gue coba ya. Tapi tunggu cuacanya panas lagi. Bete nih, musim panas tapi kayak musim gugur aja.
Gue juga kesel banget kalo ada org yg nyolong ide orang laen. Parahnya lagi, ngaku2 kalo itu adalah idenya dia! Kasian banget sih, otaknya dimanfaatin buat nyolong ide orang lain!

Dwiana P July 23, 2008 at 3:54 AM  

bawa sini tuh ayam, gk bakalan gw tolakkkk!!! LOL

Fa, foto yg no1. cakep pisan.

Lidia Sianturi July 23, 2008 at 6:00 AM  

waktu pertama liat judul n fotonya, gw lgs bertanya2 drmana datangnya warna merahnya ya? begitu baca baru deh tau itu krn sambal oelek...hihihi..wenak pastinya ya..ada pedes, dikit asem dan manisnya..

Lore July 23, 2008 at 8:14 AM  

This is a masterpiece Sefa! And not only that but it doesn't even take much time to make so it's great when we're throwing a party. Also thank you for the tip on how to make sambel oelek, I wasn't aware of it :).
The pics are getting better and better with every post, they look FABULOUS!
Thank you for participating with such a delightful recipe!

--ambar-- July 23, 2008 at 9:27 AM  

sausnya itu bikin lheeer...uenake

A.G July 23, 2008 at 12:23 PM  

wah cucok banget bt summer kyk gini, sini udah panasan Sef.. pgn ngegrill kita ntar

sefa firdaus July 23, 2008 at 10:18 PM  

@Sheila: silahkan dicoba Sheil... semoga cocok deh ;)

iya betul bgt, gue sampe mikir, apa summernya dipersingkat ya... tapi hari ini alhamdulillah, lumayan anget

sama Sheil, gue juga sebel sama orang-orang kayak gitu.. ya semoga sadar deh :(

@Dwiana: sip... gue kirim pake UPS say, tunggu aja depan pintu ;)

thanks Dwi pujiannya

@Lidia: biasa deh Lid, sambel oelek andalan dikala males ngulek :D

@Lore: hi Lore... I'm glad that you are agree with me about this food being my master piece *smile*

thanks for your compliments.. hope that you'll like it when you give it a try :)

@Ambar: iyaaaaaaa... sausnya enak juga loh dimakan pake bakso :))

makasih ya udah mampir dan salam kenal

@Ayin: coba Yin.. gak pake ribet lagi nyiapinnya..

hari ini disini juga lumayan, 18°C dan gak pake angin :D

busylittlebee July 23, 2008 at 11:02 PM  

wow!! yang masterpiece ini patut dicoba dong...
piye kalo ngga ada sambel ulek mbak?
udah terlanjur ngiler nih...

busylittlebee July 23, 2008 at 11:06 PM  

eh sory mbak, maksudnya kl sambel uleknya gak ada cabe fresh, pake cabe kering enak nggak.
India kan serba kering, weleh!
ngiler lagi...hiks!

Fitri July 23, 2008 at 11:51 PM  

fotonya yang paling atas ga ku ku.. jadi pengen ngambil nasi panas..

trus..naksir lagi liat centong kayu nya.. halaaah.. emak2 gini nih ga bisa liat perabotan..heheh..

oquefazerprojantar??? July 23, 2008 at 11:58 PM  

I'm glad you liked the salad. you have here very tasty recepies. Tomorow We're going to Brazil for hollidays. We'll be back on Setember.

sefa firdaus July 23, 2008 at 11:58 PM  

@Ira: silahkan dicoba Ra, dan kalo gak ada cabe yg freh, pake cabe kering juga gpp kok

memang disana gak ada sambel oelek botolan?

@Fitri: hihihihi... itu centongnya mini banget loh, harganya cuma 50sen :D

sefa firdaus July 24, 2008 at 12:01 AM  

@Marien: I'm glad you share the recipe with me. Happy holiday Marien, I'm gonna miss you and your food :)

Dita July 24, 2008 at 2:20 PM  

Bookmarked! bookmarked!!! Mmmmuuaaahhh, makasih Fa buat idenya.

S O F I A July 26, 2008 at 9:51 AM  

mbak sefa, uenak buanget. karena ku buat ga terlalu pedas, giras juga doyan. makasih udah berbagi resep enak. it's really a masterpiece..

Mochachocolata Rita July 29, 2008 at 9:52 AM  

mau banget neh asyik ngemil paha ayam hehe

sefa firdaus July 30, 2008 at 8:41 AM  

@Dita: sama-sama Dit, semoga tidak mengecewakan resepnya ;)

@Sofia: eh ada Mamanya Giras.... huaaaa seneng banget kalo Giras doyan :)

@Rita: aku juga mau dong Rit :))

.... Lia .... August 1, 2008 at 11:17 AM  

Sefa...aku boleh ngintip resepnya ini ya..pengen nyoba..anakku suka bgt ama ayam...hmmm look yummy

sefa firdaus August 1, 2008 at 2:16 PM  

silahkan Li.. semoga ananda tercinta doyan ya ;)

Dhi August 5, 2008 at 3:22 PM  

thanks Fa, resepnya perlu dicontek neeeehhh. Bikin ngiler. Eh, sambel oelek diganti spt yang loe bilang itu gak ngerubah rasa ya? mau aaaaahhhh.... hehehehe :D

sefa firdaus August 14, 2008 at 8:58 PM  

silahkan Dhi.. sori baru liat ada replyan :D
sptnya sih gak ngerubah rasa krn komposisinya sama kok, mungkin bisa jadi lebih enak.. soalnya pake cabe seger - coba deh ;)

Kitchen Flavours August 16, 2008 at 4:57 PM  

Looks awsome, yummy, mouth watering.

sefa firdaus August 18, 2008 at 9:58 AM  

thanks! you have to give it a try ;)

Haley August 20, 2008 at 6:08 PM  

We would like to feature this recipe on our blog. Please email haleyglasco@gmail.com if interested. Thanks :)

Haley

http://blog.keyingredient.com/

hanna August 21, 2008 at 8:32 AM  

Hello! Apa kabar?
I've been drooling all over your blog, found it through Culinarty. It's really great!
I will definitely try some of your amazing recipes and try to surprise my Indonesian friends :)

S O F I A August 22, 2008 at 8:58 AM  

aku bikin ayam ini lagi. kali ini ditambahin kecap manis. tetep, MASTERPIECE..!! udah nyoba sup jagung juga. UENAK..!! yang paling penting, GIRAS DOYAN..

Arfi Binsted September 9, 2008 at 3:32 AM  

duh puasa2 begini liat ini bisa batal deh puasaku *tiarap dulu ah sambil ngintip*

sefa firdaus September 12, 2008 at 5:40 AM  

@Haley: hi Haley - sorry for replying you late, but please do check your email.

@Hana: Kabar baik Hana.
Can't wait to hear your story about it Hana :)

@Sofia: huaaaaaaaaaa, variasi udah tambah banyak dong ya :)
alhamdulillah kalo Giras jadi doyan makan :d

@Arfi Binsted: hahahaha... Mbak Arfi bisa aja, pake tiarap segala :D

Lynnylu October 4, 2008 at 2:17 PM  

Congratulations on your DMBLGIT win. Your photos are beautiful.

sefa firdaus October 5, 2008 at 9:48 PM  

@Lynnylu: thanks a lot!
yours are more beautiful!

“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”Virginia Woolf

Recent Post

Oatmeal Banana Almond Cookies - 2nd Annual O Foods Contest for Ovarian Cancer Awareness MonthSate PadangThe Beauty of Red and White
Summer DrinkCherry BlossomsClick May 2009: Cookies
Ayam Bumbu Paniki (Chicken ala Paniki) Judging for Click April 2009 - Spring/AutumnBinte Biluhuta

Category

Travel Warning

Indonesia is dangerously beautiful!

Indonesia is not only Bali. We have lots of beautiful places within the 5 biggest islands and thousands of small islands. Please click on the banner above for more information about Indonesian tourisms. And don't forget to explore the beauty of West Sumatra.

  Designed by Ourblogtemplates.com © 2008 | Modified by Sefa Firdaus © 2007-2009

Back to TOP